Monday, September 12, 2011

Update 8/28/2011

Just a little update...

Went to Metcalf today and shot a 250 rnd box of the UMC value pack from Walmart. I had already researched that this particular box of ammo has some feeding problems when used with the p0-1. Wanted to test it out since I still have 5 more boxes of this stuff and wanted to see if it would be reliable enough to take with me on an upcoming level 1 handgun course.

I shot all the 250 rounds with only 1 failure to go into full battery. It happened on the fourth tray of ammo during my DA/decocking test. I was loading full 10 round mags and decocking after each shot to get accustomed to the DA trigger pull. Was also testing for the finger pain I was experiencing with the trigger from the previous range trip to see if it was the long, hard DA trigger pull that was doing it and not the SA trigger pull.

Anyways, after firing a couple of rounds on the third mag for this drill, I tried to decock the hammer at one point and couldn't. Noticed that slide wasn't all the way forward. Could it have been a weak load from the previous round? Might've been. Might have also been from limp wristing since I was constantly decocking the hammer and might've just been a little too anxious at the last shot that I might've loosened the grip a bit too soon to decock. I did eject the round and compared it to some others for any differences in length or deformities. Nothing looked abnormal to my eyes. Loaded that round back in and fired it without a hitch. No problems whatsoever after that so I still couldn't say if it was an ammo induced failure or operator error.

As for the trigger pain, yes, for me I can say it only bothers me during DA pulls only. I went 100 rounds at first full SA pulls. No problems. When I went to DA/SA pulls and full DA pulls for the next 100 rounds, I couldn't definitely feel that hard and long trigger pull coupled with that curved trigger was a problem at least for me. Last 50 rounds I went back to SA pulls only while feeling for trigger reset and was fine.

Had one gentlemen try it out for a full mag on SA and said it was a really smooth trigger. Guess he liked it. In turn I got to try out his Beretta Neos. Man, I've forgotten what a .22 feels like. I was flinching the whole time cause I kept anticipating a snap when one never came so I kept dropping the muzzle a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment