Sunday, December 4, 2011

Target Masters West range day..

Went to TM in Milpitas today to function test the P-01. Installed a CGW Kit #4 Hammer/Disconnector kit along with a new hammer strut and pins. Installation took about an hour and a half. Could be quicker but this was my first time so I was taking my time making sure not to lose track of parts and where they go for reinstallation. With that said, I did manage to reinstall everything fine and function tested the pistol when I saw in the corner of my eye that the firing pin spring had fallen out. Gah. Had to take out the sear pin a bit to reinstall the pin which, thankfully, didn't take very long but it was a bit of a chore.





Fired about 100 thru it at TM without any problems. Trigger definitely breaks crisper in SA, and there is basically no perceivable camming of the hammer anymore in either DA or SA. Also rented out a CZ Rami since it might be a possible future gun. I can shoot it fine but you definitely notice less accuracy in its shorter barrel compared to my P-01. I can only hook 2 fingers on the grip when shooting which is fine, but have to remember to watch out for the mag when reloading. That mag change can bite your hand if you're not paying attention. Still, it was good feeling gun to shoot and could do well as a CCW type gun although I might opt for a pinky extension on the mags if I were to get one.

Round count for the P-01 is now 2300.

No comments:

Post a Comment